Do you have a stained and smelly dishwasher? Well, here I will provide you steps on how to make your own Dishwasher Cleaning Tabs for those in between washings to not only help brighten up your dishes but to keep your dishwasher clean and smelling amazing.
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Cup of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup of Powder Oxi Clean
- 2 Tablespoon of Non Scented Dish Soap
- 1 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- Silicone Mold (any shape)
- Airtight Container (jar or Ziploc bag)
How to make the tabs:
- Add your cup of baking soda to the bowl.
- Add your powder Oxi Clean to the bowl.
- Add your dish soap to the bowl.
- Add your lemon juice to the bowl.
- Use your hands and mix the mixture together to bind the ingredients tighter. You should have a wet sand texture. If texture it’s dry add a few drops of water slowly to thicken up the mixture. Once you achieve the wet sand you are able to move on to the next step.
- Apply the mixture into your molds with a spoon and pack the mixture in tight with your fingers to allow the mixture to form in the shape of your mold.
- Allow the mixture to dry over night inside the mold.
- In the morning peel each mold corner back one at a time to release the tab. If your mixture didn’t hold, simply place the crumbles back into your bowl and remix the mixture with a little water to get that wet sand feel and allow newly mix mixture to harden for at least 4 hours.
- Place tabs into a your jar or airtight bag for future use.
This photo was taken by: One Essential Community.
There you have it. A simple yet efficient DIY to help your dishwasher sparkle! These tabs are to clean your dishwasher before your dishes. Use this tablet once a week (on a day that you are not washing dishes) by placing tab into your empty dishwasher on highest heat setting and on a full cycle. Make sure to not use if you have stainless steel on the inside of your dishwasher due to the oxi clean. If you do have stainless steel you can still use this DIY, simply substitute the oxi clean from this recipe to more detergent.
Enjoy and leave a comment on how well your DIY turned out!